The power of working with strengths
Strengths are positive traits a person owns, celebrates and exercises*
Nevertheless, they are frequently unrecognised and unexploited.
*Source: Lewis, 2011
Using them helps:
- Encourage insight and perspective
- Bring about self awareness
- Help develop confidence and enthusiasm
- Generate a sense of vitality
- Act as a buffer against stress
- Build resilience and determination
- Increase recognition of life's opportunities
- Encourage taking action; "doing someting about it"
- Not putting things off
- Seeing change as an exciting opportunity
- Generate positive emotions and wellbeing
- Lead to positive outcomes
We have developed a unique, integrative consulting model to help you on your quest to find not just happiness and success, but deeper meaning and purpose in life.
- Through a guided process of questionnaires and strengths tests you'll discover how much more you can achieve.
- Our consulting sessions will result in you finding core strengths, abilities and potential to combine to thrive, flourish and be your best self.
- The discovery of your Strengths will give you the determination to make the changes and adopt the simple rules you need to implement to take action and find meaning and purpose in your life. Don't put off today what you could have begun yesterday and enjoyed tomorrow.
The VIA Character Strengths Profile.
There are several psychometric tests for measuring strengths. We start by using VIA.
All 24 Strengths are listed below. Your first consultation will reveal your top five "key character strengths" to work with.
- Fairness, equity and justice
- Love of learning
- Modesty and humility
- Perseverance, industry and diligence
- Perspective (wisdom)
- Prudence, caution, and discretion
- Religiousness, spirituality, sense of purpose, and faith
- Self-regulation and self-control
- Social intelligence
- Teamwork, citizenship and loyalty
- Zest, enthusiasm, and energy
- Appreciation of beauty and excellence
- Bravery and valor
- Capacity to love and be loved
- Creativity, ingenuity, and originality
- Curiosity and interest in the world
- Forgiveness and mercy
- Honesty, authenticity, and genuineness
- Hope, optimism, and future-mindedness
- Humor and playfulness
- Judgment, critical thinking, and open-mindedness
- Kindness and generosity